2017 CHAIN Fall Conference
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
1:00 – 4:30 p.m. CT / 2:00 – 5:30 p.m. ET
Earle Brown Heritage Center, Brooklyn Center, MN
The Minnesota Collaborative Healthcare-Associated Infection Network presents the 2017 CHAIN Fall Conference. Join us to learn about the latest evidence-based approaches for reducing and preventing healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and antibiotic resistance in Minnesota.
As in 2016, we will recognize this year's winner of the 2017 CHAIN Award for Excellence. If you know of a team that has done great work to reduce the incidence of HAIs or combat antibiotic resistance, please check out the award page and consider submitting a nomination.
Patient safety and quality staff, infection preventionists, nurse managers, nurses, physicians, pharmacists, and any other professionals working in hospitals, long term care, community care, or outpatient settings to prevent HAIs and combat antibiotic resistance.
- Recognize exceptional efforts to reduce healthcare-associated infections and antibiotic resistance in Minnesota through presentation of the CHAIN Award for Excellence
- Hear about approaches for reinforcing appropriate testing for infections
- Engage in an interactive discussion regarding the challenges and opportunities for preventing and treating infections during care transitions
- Explore antibiotic stewardship program implementation and actions across settings of care
We have reached venue capacity: registration for this event is closed. To be placed on the wait list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the conference agenda.
View the conference presenter bios.
Appropriate Testing – Clostridium difficile and Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Implementing a C. difficile Testing Protocol: Stephanie Swanson, MPH, CIC, Infection Prevention Manager, North Memorial Health
- UTI Testing & Treatment in Long Term Care: Vicki Engmark, B.S. RRT, CPFT, AE-C, CIC, Infection Control Officer, Respiratory Therapy and Sleep Lab Manager, Mille Lacs Health System
- Walker Methodist Health Center ASB and UTI Committee: Mary Januszewski, RN, BS, WCC, RN Education Specialist; Caleb Rients, RN, BSN, IT Software Trainer, Walker Methodist
Google Maps directions to Earle Brown Heritage Center.
For questions regarding the conference contact Sarah Brinkman, 952-853-8552.
Continuing Education Credits and Contact Hours for Health Professionals
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance following completion of a post-conference online evaluation survey. Attendees are responsible for determining if this program meets the criteria for licensure or recertification for their discipline.
CHAIN wants to ensure everyone can participate in its programs and events. If you anticipate needing any type of special accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Sarah Brinkman, 952-853-8552, in advance of your participation.