Monday, May 13, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. CT
Wilder Conference Center, St. Paul
Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota Hospital Association, and Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network hosted the 2019 Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Conference. This year, the conference focus was patient and provider education, with content provided in the form of panels and professionals active in stewardship sharing experiences from the field.
Physicians, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals.
Keynote Lecture from Julia E. Szymczak, PhD, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- The Social Determinants of Antibiotic Prescribing: Towards a More ‘Human’ Stewardship
Conference topics included:
- Key Components of Professional Education
- Taking Action through Policy and Practice to Improve Antibiotic Use
- Breakout sessions:
- Actionable antibiotic stewardship data for communication and education
- Addressing misconceptions about antibiotics and antibiotic use
- Key Components of Patient/Resident/Family Education
For more information, visit the conference page on the Minnesota Department of Health website.