Monday, May 13, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. CT
Wilder Conference Center, St. Paul
Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota Hospital Association, and Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network are hosting the 2019 Minnesota Antibiotic Stewardship Conference. This year, the conference will have a patient & provider education focus, with content provided in the form of panels and professionals active in stewardship sharing experiences from the field.
Physicians, physician assistants, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, and other health care professionals are encouraged to attend.
Keynote Lecture from Julia E. Szymczak, PhD, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- The Social Determinants of Antibiotic Prescribing: Towards a More ‘Human’ Stewardship
Preliminary conference topics include:
- Key Components of Professional Education
- Taking Action through Policy and Practice to Improve Antibiotic Use
- Breakout sessions:
- Actionable antibiotic stewardship data for communication and education
- Addressing misconceptions about antibiotics and antibiotic use
- Key Components of Patient/Resident/Family Education
For more information, visit the conference page on the Minnesota Department of Health website.